Vocal Craft and Classical Voice Training are proud to digitally present this Breath Management, Airflow and Support Practice Group.
About Classical Voice Training
Classical Voice Training is a company designed to present bespoke classical voice training courses for singers and teachers based on their ‘Classical Voice Training Workbook’ and Professor Janice Chapman’s groundbreaking book ‘Singing and Teaching Singing: A Holistic Approach to Classical Voice’ (or S.A.T.S.) by Plural Publishing. Classical Voice Training courses focus in detail on the SATS teaching model. Key elements include: Breathing and Support, Accent Method Breathing, Postural Alignment, Vocal Anatomy and Physiology, Phonation, Acoustic and Laryngeal Registration, Resonance, Articulation, Mind-skills for Performers, and Artistry and Performance. All of these components will be explored in sequence through the series of core component and satellite component workshops and practise group sessions on offer from October 2020 to Summer 2021.
About this Breath Managment, Airflow and Support Practice Group
This practice group will cover in detail the practical exercises and concepts from the Airflow & Support Core Component Workshop.
Concepts we will focus on include:
- Primal Sound Inhalation (S.P.L.A.T. – Singers Please Loosen Abdominal Tension)
- Primal Sound and Supported Exhalation
- Efficient Breath Management Strategies
- Janice Chapman’s Support Diamond Explored
- The Role of the Diaphragm in Supported Singing
- James Platt’s Palpation Protocol Assessing Breath Management Explored
- Advanced Inhalation Gestures: semi-SPLAT, demi-semi-SPLAT
- Advanced Support Structures: Latissimus Dorsi, Serratus Anterior, Quadratus Lumborum
- Accent Method Breathing concept for singers
Taught by Opera Singer and Vocal Craft and Classical Voice Training Director James Platt and Professor Janice Chapman, author of the acclaimed textbook Singing and Teaching Singing: A Holistic Approach to Classical Voice, this workshop is the fourth event in this complete series of in-depth explorations of the full SATS Model. James and Janice teach regularly at Guildhall School of Music and Drama, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire and many others. They both maintain private teaching studios as well.