About Classical Voice Training
Classical Voice Training is a company designed to present bespoke classical voice training courses for singers and teachers based on their groundbreaking ‘Classical Voice Training Workbook’ and Professor Janice Chapman’s groundbreaking book ‘Singing and Teaching Singing: A Holistic Approach to Classical Voice’ or S.A.T.S. by Plural Publishing. Classical Voice Training courses focus in detail on the SATS teaching model. Key elements include: Breathing and Support, Accent Method Breathing, Postural Alignment, Vocal Anatomy and Physiology, Phonation, Acoustic and Laryngeal Registration, Resonance, Articulation, Mind-skills for Performers, and Artistry and Performance. All of these components will be explored in sequence through the series of component workshops and practise group sessions on offer from October 2020 to Summer 2021.
About this Vowels In Vocalise & Repertoire Practice Group
This practice group will cover in detail the practical exercises and concepts from the Practical Vocal Acoustics & Vowel Migration Core Component Workshop.
Concept we will focus on include:
- Finding your chiaroscuro and learning how to optimize the tuning of the singer’s vocal tract for resonance throughout the range
- Learn how to ‘cover’ the voice
- Learn how to negotiate the ‘passaggio’
- How to find the best vowel for the best timbre and resonance
- Passive Vowel Modification & allowing vowels to migrate across the range
- Active vowel modification to optimize resonance and sound quality in the extremes of the range
- Primal triggers for vowel migration across the range
- Learn optimal strategies to develop the extreme top of the voice in both male and female voices
Taught by Opera Singer and Vocal Craft and Classical Voice Training Director James Platt and Professor Janice Chapman, author of the acclaimed textbook Singing and Teaching Singing: A Holistic Approach to Classical Voice, this workshop is the fourteenth session in a complete series of in-depth explorations of the full SATS Model.